Balfour Beatty has been chosen as general contractor by partner real estate developers, Terra and Turnberry, to deliver the Grand Hyatt Miami Beach Convention Center Hotel in Miami, Florida.
Located at the intersection of 17th Street and Convention Center Drive, the new 800-room property and 17-story hotel designed by international architect Bernardo Fort-Brescia and Miami architect Arquitectonica will anchor the Miami Beach’s Convention Center District connecting guests to the Convention Center, shopping and fine dining and beautiful beaches.
Grand Hyatt Miami Beach will include 12 floors of guest rooms and 52 suites offering views of Miami Beach, four floors of meeting spaces and ballrooms, a resort-style pool deck with panoramic views, a signature restaurant, lobby lounge and bar, and limited retail space. An elevated skybridge will enable event attendees to move freely between the hotel and Convention Center in a climate-controlled, art-filled corridor.
The Grand Hyatt Miami Beach project also includes landscaped pedestrian promenades on surrounding streets, bike-sharing stations, connectivity with public transit routes, dedicated ride-sharing pick-up and drop-off zones, and direct access between the Convention Center and Lincoln Road. The project’s resiliency and sustainability measures include stormwater management and reuse, flood risk mitigation, and the use of solar power – all of which are designed to ensure operational continuity during weather events.
Scott Skidelsky, Balfour Beatty president in the Southeast said: “This is a beacon development for Miami Beach.
“Balfour Beatty’s national operations started its roots in South Florida and being a part of the community is a point of pride for our company. Being chosen to construct this icon project means the world to our project team who are some of the best builders in the industry and they are all so excited to work with our stakeholders to make this an incredibly successful build experience.”
David Martin, CEO of Terra, and Jackie Soffer, Chairman and CEO of Turnberry developer said: “A project of this magnitude and significance requires the best in-class team and we are thrilled to have Balfour Beatty onboard leading the construction efforts”
“The firm’s extensive experience pioneering new technologies and transforming communities through smart infrastructure aligns with our goal to deliver a hotel that will transform the City’s convention center campus into one of the most desirable meeting and convention destinations in the world.”
South Florida is a strategic market for Balfour Beatty that currently has more than $350 million (c.£284 million) of projects currently under construction. With over 200 Florida-based employees, Balfour Beatty places great importance on enhancing the local community, supporting local industry partners and giving back through local charities that directly benefit the South Florida community, like Habitat for Humanity Broward County.
Balfour Beatty is currently executing preconstruction activities to deliver the Grand Hyatt Miami Beach Convention Center with construction to begin this summer, with completion expected in 2025.
+1 (214) 451-1706
All non-media related enquiries should be directed to +44 (0)20 7216 6800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors:
- Balfour Beatty is a leading international infrastructure group with over 24,500 employees driving the delivery of powerful new solutions, shaping thinking, creating skylines and inspiring a new generation of talent to be the change-makers of tomorrow.
- We finance, develop, build, maintain and operate the increasingly complex and critical infrastructure that supports national economies and deliver projects at the heart of local communities.
- Over the last 114 years we have created iconic buildings and infrastructure all over the world. Currently, we are working to deliver Hinkley Point C, the first UK nuclear power station in a generation; constructing the world-class arts and cultural facility, the Lyric Theatre, in Hong Kong; and designing, building, financing, operating and maintaining the Automated People Mover superstructure at the fifth busiest airport in the world, Los Angeles International Airport.
- Balfour Beatty is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the United States. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, the company is part of Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY), a leading international infrastructure group that provides innovative and efficient infrastructure that underpins our daily lives, supports communities and enables economic growth.
- Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest contractors, Balfour Beatty is the No. 6 Domestic Building Contractor in the United States as ranked by Engineering News-Record. To learn more, visit balfourbeattyus.com .
9 JANUARY 2023 – Original Article Here